Giliberto Capano. PhD in Political Science, is Professor in the Scuola Normale Superiore. He has been member of the Executive Committee of the International Political Association and he as a co-founder and Treasurer of the International Public Policy Association. He is the co-editor of the journal Policy & Society, and of the Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis. He specializes in public administration, public policy analysis, and comparative higher education. Actually his research focuses on governance dynamics and performance in higher education and education, policy design and policy change, policy instruments’ impact, the social role of Political Science, leadership as embedded function of policy-making.
Google scholar page: https://scholar.google.it/citations?user=Hx8SydkAAAAJ&hl=it
LAST RELEVANT PUBLICATIONS
- (co-editor with M. Howlett, M. Ramesh), Varieties of Governance: Dynamics, Strategies and Capacities, Palgrave, 2015.
- (with F. Raniolo, S. Piattoni, L. Verzichelli), Manuale di Scienza Politica, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2014.
- (co-editor con M. Meloni) Il costo dell’istruzione, Bologna, il Mulino, 2013.
- (co-editor with E. Gualmini), Le pubbliche amministrazioni in Italia, Bologna, Il Mulino, 2011, 2′ ed.
- (co-editor with M. Howlett) European and North American Experiences in Policy Change. Policy Drivers and Policy Dynamics, London, Routledge, 2009
Articles on international journals peer-reviewed
- (with M. Howlett, and M. Ramesh), “Bringing Governments Back In:Governance and Governing in Comparative Policy Analysis” Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, forthcoming, no. 4, 2015.
- “Federal Dynamics of Changing Governance Arrangements in Education: A Comparative Perspective on Australia, Canada and Germany” Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, n.4, 2015.
- “The re-regulation of the Italian university system through Quality Assurance. A mechanistic perspective”, Policy & Society, n. 3, 2014,
- (with M. Regini), “Governance Reforms and Organizational Dilemmas in European Universities”, Comparative Education Review, 56(1), pp. 73-103, 2014.
- (with A. Zito e J. Rayner), “Governance from the bottom up: complexity and divergence in comparative perspective”, Public Administration, vol. 90 (1), pp. 56 – 73, 2012.
- “Government continues to do its job. A comparative study of governance shifts in the higher education sector”, Public Administration, 89(4), pp. 1622 – 1642, 2011.
- (with S. Piattoni), “From Bologna to Lisbon: The political uses of the Lisbon ‘script’ in European higher education policy”, Journal of European Public Policy, n.4, pp.584-606, 2011.
- “A Sisyphean task. Evaluation and institutional accountability in Italian Higher education”, Higher Education Policy, 23(1), 2010, pp.39-62.
- (with Luca Verzichelli), “Good but not enough. Recent developments of Political Science in Italy”, European Political Science, 2010, n.9, pp.102-116.
- “Understanding policy change as an epistemological and theoretical problem”. Journal of Comparative Policy Analysis, n.1, 2009, pp. 7-31.